Fungi Box contains certified organic oyster mushroom substratum, a spray bottle and a care instructions.
- Break out the perforated opening of the packaging.
- Cut a slit with a clean, sharp knife into the bag with the fungal culture. Do not remove the foil completely! The now flow air activates the fungal culture and encourages growth of the mushrooms.
- Place the mushroom culture in a shady (out of direct sunlight!) spot.
- The oyster mushrooms will start to grow after approximately 5 - 6 days.
- When the mushrooms have reached a size of about 3 cm, water them every day using the supplied spray bottle (always refill with fresh water!).
- The mushrooms can be harvested when they noticeable stop growing (about 5 - 6 days after germination). Remove all the stems and mushroom remains from substratum. Then cover the spot with tape.
- After harvesting, the mushrooms need about 3 weeks to start growing again. After this period of time turn the culture in the packaging by 180 degrees and cut again diagonally at another spot.
- After 2 harvesting cycles the substratum has been used up and can be composted.
The Fungi Box produces about two harvests with up to 0.5 kg oyster mushrooms (over a period of 12 weeks)!