You're my BFF – Best friend forever! Give your better half a very special present made by nature for his/her birthday, friendship anniversary, or just as a souvenir. Every time he/she looks at it, this decorative present will remind him/her to your long-lasting friendship – a true statement for your long-lasting friendship. The ecocube is personalized with your chosen plant seeds, your two names and the year since you have known each other.
dimensions: 7.5 x 7.5 x 7.5 cm; 0.15 kg
material: alder wood
choose between the following plant seeds: Aloe Vera, chili , chocolate flower, forget-me-not, lavender , love plant, lucky clover, orchid tree, sunflower , Xmas tree
important note: As these are natural products, engravings can appear different and irregular. Also, wood grain and colors may differ strongly from the picture.
Please check your data carefully! Data will be used the exact same way you input it in our system.
ecocube contains coconut fiber granulate, clay granulate, compostable planting cup and plant seeds.
- Remove the paper sleeve from the ecocube and pull back sticker.
- Carefully pour about 30 ml of water on the planted seeds.
- Keep the ecocube in a bright, warm place and water moderately until plants are germinating (approx. 20 ml every 3 days). Make sure that the granulate doesn't dry up – avoid waterlogging!
- The plants will begin to grow after about 6-20 days. Continue to water moderately.
- Flowers: Flowers will bloom after about 2-3 months. The forget-me-not will bloom in the upcoming summer.
- Herbs: Herbs can be harvested after about 3 months.
- Lucky clover & love plant: The lucky clover/love plant will bloom after about 3-4 months.
- Aloe Vera: The aloe vera will slowly begin to grow after about 14-20 days.
- Christmas tree:
- After about 8-10 months, the small plants can be transplanted into a flower pot with soil or to the outside.
- The home-grown plants can be enjoyed as a small Christmas tree in your living room after about 6-7 years of growth.
- Orchid tree:
- Open the seed packet and put seeds in a glass with luke warm water for about 24 h.
- After 24 hours remove seeds from water and push the seeds about 1 cm below the surface of the granulate in the cube.
- Cover the planted seeds with a glass and make sure that the granulate doesn't dry up (avoid waterlogging!).
- Remove glass daily for 1 hour to give plant air and continue to water moderately. The orchid tree will begin to grow after 2-4 weeks.
- It will take at least 4-6 years of growth for the plant to start blooming.
As soon as the plant outgrows the ecocube (after about 6-10 months), re-pot your plant by simply transplanting the entire ecocube into a pot with soil. The ecocube will slowly decompose and turn into a valuable fertilizer for the plant. Alternatively, it is also possible to just re-pot your plant with its biodegradable planting cup into a regular flower pot with soil. You can also use your empty cube as a pen holder